[bitcoin-dev] Updating the Scaling Roadmap [Update]

Paul Sztorc truthcoin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:13:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

Last week I posted about updating the Core Scalability Roadmap.

I'm not sure what the future of it is, given that it was concept NACK'ed
by Greg Maxwell the author of the original roadmap, who said that he
regretted writing the first one.

Nonetheless, it was ACKed by everyone else that I heard from, except for
Tom Zander (who objected that it should be a specific project document,
not a "Bitcoin" document -- I sortof agree and decided to label it a
"Core" document -- whether or not anything happens with that label is up
to the community).

I therefore decided to:
1. Put the draft on GitHub [1]
2. Update it based on all of the week 1 feedback [2]
3. Add some spaces at the bottom for comments / expressions of interest [2]

However, without interest from the maintainers of bitcoincore.org
(specifically these [3, 4] pages and similar) the document will probably
be unable to gain traction.

Cheers,
Paul

[1] https://github.com/psztorc/btc-core-capacity-2/blob/master/draft.txt