[bitcoin-dev] Segwit2Mb - combined soft/hard fork - Request For Comments

R E Broadley rebroad+linuxfoundation.org at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:29:19 UTC 2017

Miner signalling is not enough to avoid two forks - as has been proven in
the past (e.g. when miners signaled they were fully validating blocks when
there we in fact only validating headers). To really protect against two
forks happening, the code needs to detect this happening (i.e. monitor the
other fork) and if it's clear that the signalling was dishonest, then it
needs to abort, IMHO.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Sergio Demian Lerner via bitcoin-dev <