[bitcoin-dev] Segwit2Mb - combined soft/hard fork - Request For Comments

Oliver Petruzel opetruzel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 21:05:23 UTC 2017

>>2.1MB capacity in August via segwit, with 4MB weight, and 4.2MB capacity
in December with 8MB<<

I'm not sure how many people to not of the draft BIP I submitted to the
list in early April. It was essentially a combination of Gavin's BIP 109,
Adam's 2-4-8 idea, and something I added to SegWit that I call "Discount
Governing."

It basically takes the idea of gradual increases one step farther: a
gradual increase of both the Total weight and SegWit discount rate over a
period of X years (a schedule of Flag Day + X blocks increases).

Would this be something that some in the dev community might consider
if/when SegWit is combined with a block increase?

Original draft here:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/
2017-April/013984.html

Ollie