[bitcoin-dev] Unique node identifiers

Jonas Schnelli dev at jonasschnelli.ch
Wed Mar 8 19:47:54 UTC 2017

>> > Nodes are by design not supposed to be identifiable in any way
>
> This is of course my objection to BIP150 ("a way for peers to ... guarantee node ownership“).

Please Eric. Stop spreading FUD.
BIP150 has a fingerprint-free **OPTIONAL** authentication. It’s designed to not reveal any node identifier/identity without first get a crypto.-proof from other peer that he already knows your identity.
**Peers can’t be identified without having the identity-keys pre shared by the node operators.**