[bitcoin-dev] Defending against empty or near empty blocks from malicious miner takeover?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 20:22:19 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM, Peter R via bitcoin-dev <

> With a tightening of the rule set, a hash power minority that has not
> upgraded will not produce a minority branch; instead they will simply have
> any invalid blocks they produce orphaned, serving as a wake-up call to
> upgrade.

False. With bip9-based soft-fork-based activation of segwit, miner blocks
will not be orphaned unless they are intentionally segwit-invalid (which
they currently are not). If you have told miners otherwise, let me know.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507