[bitcoin-dev] Defending against empty or near empty blocks from malicious miner takeover?

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:25:00 UTC 2017

Le 27/03/2017 à 00:15, Eric Voskuil via bitcoin-dev a écrit :
> On 03/26/2017 12:05 PM, Peter R via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>

> The repeated use of the term "network upgrade" in place of the
> accepted technical term (hard fork) is misleading. This and the
> presupposition that the hard fork is coming, and the claims that it's
> not your proposal, make me feel like I'm shopping for a used car...
> It's not used it's pre-owned, everyone's getting the warranty, let me
> see what my manager has to say about the price - it's not my decision.
>
> This is a development list. Avoidance of standardized terminology and
> use of the presumptive close diminishes your message.
>

> The idea was so powerful you were converted (another sales tactic).
> Who's proposal is this? Can they not speak for themselves?

What is the rationale to come on this list (on behalf of we don't know
whom) and explain all the details of the "network upgrade" (ie the
attack) if this is not to try to get some information to confirm the
theory and/or improve it, or some information about how it will be
defeated? This just shows that they are not sure about the whole thing,
they should stop this now, launch their approximative BU if they like
and leave BTC alone

--
Zcash wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/zcash-wallets
Bitcoin wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets