[bitcoin-dev] Encouraging good miners

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Mon Mar 27 17:29:57 UTC 2017

For some time now the relation between block size and propagation speed has
been decoupled. Using xthin/compact blocks miners only send a tiny version
of a block which then causes the receiving node to re-create it using the
memory pool.  Immediately getting double benefits by including pre-verified
transactions from the memory pool you avoid the old problem of having to
validate them again when a block was mined.

As such there is no downside to a miner creating a bigger block, as long as
all the transactions they include are actually in the mempool.

As such I'm personally convinced that the problem you are trying to solve
has already been solved.

Cheers!

--
Tom Zander