[bitcoin-dev] Encouraging good miners

Antoine Le Calvez antoine at alc.io
Mon Mar 27 20:56:49 UTC 2017

I don't think encouraging mining more transactions is a good idea since
it would promote inefficient transaction patterns. It's more efficient
to send transactions with a high number of outputs/inputs instead of
creating long transaction chains as some services do.

You might consider incentivizing miners to mine blocks that reduce the
UTXO set size the most, or some other metric that promotes efficient
uses of the blockchain.