[bitcoin-dev] Hard fork proposal from last week's meeting

Paul Iverson piverson1024 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 19:56:49 UTC 2017

Thank you for the proposal Wang Chung!

It is clear that, spam aside, blocks are getting full and we need increase
them soon. What I don't like about your proposal is it forces all node
operators to implicitly accept larger blocks in 2020, even maybe against
their will. 32 MB blocks might result in a loss of decentralization, and it
might be too difficult to coordinate for small blocks before it's too late.

So I think Core can't decide on hard forks like this. It must be left up to
the users. I think only choice is for Core to add a run-time option to
allow node operators to increase block size limit, so that this very
controversial decision is not coming from Core. It must come from the
community.