[bitcoin-dev] Hard fork proposal from last week's meeting

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Mar 28 21:06:49 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:53:30 PM Alphonse Pace via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> His demand (not suggestion) allows it without any safeguards.
>
> >This patch must be in the immediate next release of Bitcoin Core.
>
> That is not a suggestion.

I think it was probably a design requirement more than a demand. It makes
sense: if we're aiming to have a long lead time for a possible hardfork, we
want to get the lead time started ASAP. (It could perhaps have been
communicated clearer, but let's not read hostility into things when
unnecessary.)

Meta-topic: Can we try a little harder to avoid sequences of multiple brief
replies in a matter of minutes? Combine them to a single reply.

Luke