[bitcoin-dev] Hard fork proposal from last week's meeting

Martin Lízner martin.lizner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:49:31 UTC 2017

If there should be a hard-fork, Core team should author the code. Other dev
teams have marginal support among all BTC users.

Im tending to believe, that HF is necessary evil now. But lets do it in
conservative approach:
- Fix historical BTC issues, improve code
- Plan HF activation date well ahead - 12 months+
- Allow increasing block size on year-year basis as Luke suggested
- Compromise with miners on initial block size bump (e.g. 2MB)
- SegWit

Martin Lizner

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Wang Chun via bitcoin-dev <