[bitcoin-dev] Segwit2Mb - combined soft/hard fork - Request For Comments

Sergio Demian Lerner sergio.d.lerner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 21:50:05 UTC 2017

Praxelogy_guy,
Yes I understand that segwit2mb represents a "potential" 4Mb block size
increase.
But Segwit does not immediately lead to 2 Mb blocks, but can only achieve
close to a 2Mb increase if all Bitcoin wallets switch to segwit, which will
take a couple of years.
Therefore I don't expect transactions per block to quadruple from one day
to another.