[bitcoin-dev] Full node "tip" function

Ben Thompson thompson.benedictjames at gmail.com
Wed May 3 21:43:16 UTC 2017

I feel like this would be pointless as the vast majority of users would
likely download the blockchain from a node that was not enforcing a tip
requirement as it would seem like unnecessary cost as in protocol​s such as
BitTorrent there is no such tips in sharing files and the blockchain
distribution is in eccense the same thing. However perhaps I am
underestimating the generosity of node operators but I feel that adding a
cost to the blockchain (assuming that all users add a tip requirement)
would lead to centralisation.

On Wed, 3 May 2017, 22:21 Erik Aronesty via bitcoin-dev, <