[bitcoin-dev] BIP: Block signal enforcement via tx fees

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Sat May 13 03:54:50 UTC 2017

Good morning,

>I do not see why any person would want to pay, and then trust, another
>to mine accordingly. Each person can mine and attain their level of
>influence. This not only avoids the side payment, but earns the person
>money.

The problem, is that, the rate of conversion of Bitcoin-> hashrate is different for different people.

For some, it's very cheap to convert Bitcoin -> hashrate. For others, it's very expensive. The reason, is the large difference in electricity rates depending on country.

It's all very well for those who can get electricity cheaply. But, for some, it is not.

Thus, paying someone with better Bitcoin->hashrate conversion via fees such as these is more economically logical, than to suffer a lower Bitcoin->hashrate conversion.

>If a person does not want to bother then he/she clearly does not have
>a strong opinion. As developers we should be focused on reducing the
>complexities of mining and of validation, not finding ways for people
>to avoid participating in these necessarily distributed roles.

It is also, very obviously, clear that you are operating under very strange assumptions, that all people are already equal somehow, or that someone who is paid x10 more is strictly superior, even though skill-wise and ability-wise, they are the same, and the one paid less is simply suffering due to the country where he or she is born in, through no fault of their own.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj