[bitcoin-dev] A proposal to reintroduce the disabled script opcodes

Hampus Sjöberg hampus.sjoberg at gmail.com
Fri May 19 13:13:03 UTC 2017

AFAICT, re-enabling these old OP-codes would require a hardfork.

If we had SegWit enabled, we could via a soft fork allocate new OP-codes
for the same functionality (by introducing a new version of Script).
I believe the Elements alpha project has been experimenting with
re-enabling old OP-codes: https://elementsproject.org/elements/opcodes/