[bitcoin-dev] Drivechain -- Request for Discussion

CryptAxe cryptaxe at gmail.com
Wed May 24 17:32:22 UTC 2017

Your assumptions of the bribe process are indeed correct you seem to
have a pretty good handle on all of that.

Hopefully I can clear up a few things. BMM among other things is still a
work in progress so you'll have to wait a
bit longer before any reorg code is on github. The "ratchet" system on
github right now just has the block hash
part of the critical hash script. The completed version needs to check
the sidechain number (ID) and the sidechain
block number in the script. Also the block number can only change by +1
or -1, so when a new h* is added to the
queue it must be compared to the most recent h* in the queue.
std::abs(queue.back().nHeight - ToAdd.nHeight) must equal 1.

Here's what the script looks like on github:
Note that the h* is just a block hash.

script << OP_RETURN << ToByteVector(h*);

Here's what I'm testing right now as I'm working on BMM:

script << OP_RETURN << CScriptNum::serialize(nSidechain) <<
CScriptNum(nSidechainHeight) << ToByteVector(sidechain blinded block
hash h*)

One other thing I want to make sure is clear enough is that the block
number in the critical hash script is
a sidechain block number, not a mainchain block number. That might mess
up the new format you have
suggested for bribes. And the reason a sidechain miner would want to
refund their bribe is if the h* doesn't
end up in a coinbase after a number of blocks, making their blinded
block on the sidechain invalid as tx's
will be spent in other blocks that do get their h* in a coinbase.

We were thinking about making bribe outputs have a maturity period like
generated coins. You
think that they should be locked for >100 blocks by having OP_BRIBE also
check the lock time?

I like all of your suggestions so far, thank you for taking a look!