[bitcoin-dev] Emergency Deployment of SegWit as a partial mitigation of CVE-2017-9230

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Fri May 26 14:39:30 UTC 2017

Linking a bit4 MASF with a bit4 "lock in of a hard fork in 6 months" is
something that will simply never happen for basic engineering reasons.

Spoonet, an oft-quoted hard fork that actually has some strong support, is
a much better candidate for the code base - but not of the supposed
supporters of bit4 MASF seem to be ready to roll up their sleeves and do
any work at all.   I mean, if they really had "millions" for development,
they could just hire dome developers and built it correctly, right?   But
they aren't ... instead they are pumping money into "bcoin", which doesn't
yet have any of the protections needed to get consensus.   Maybe it will
some day.

Claiming that miners support segwit is disingenuous ... considering that if
they supported it, they would be signaling for it today... instead of
distracting the community with fake proposals that have no peer-reviewed
code.

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 5:21 AM, Tom Zander via bitcoin-dev <