[bitcoin-dev] Barry Silbert segwit agreement

Tom Zander tomz at freedommail.ch
Fri May 26 18:48:32 UTC 2017

On Friday, 26 May 2017 19:47:11 CEST Jacob Eliosoff via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Sorry for picking your email.

I understand people want something different for the agreement, I know I do
too.
We have a specific agreement on the table, signed by a huge subsection of the
industry.

Maybe the time for changing things is not to be *after* the signatures are
set. I know I’d change some detials. But do we really want to go through
another conference where all the important people are present to agree on a
compromise? Or can we use the one we have?

The compromise is pretty simple;
https://medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

*  Activate Segregated Witness at an 80% threshold, signaling at bit 4
*  Activate a 2 MB hard fork within six months

--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io