[bitcoin-dev] Simplicity proposal - Jets?

Hampus Sjöberg hampus.sjoberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:59:46 UTC 2017

Thank you for your answer, Russel.

When a code path takes advantage of a jet, does the Simplicity code still
need to be publicly available/visible in the blockchain? I imagine that for
big algorithms (say for example EDCA verification/SHA256 hashing etc), it
would take up a lot of space in the blockchain.
Is there any way to mitigate this?

I guess in a softfork for a jet, the Simplicity code for a jet could be
defined as "consensus", instead of needed to be provided within every
script output.
When the Simplicity interpretor encounters an expression that has a jet, it
would run the C/Assembly code instead of interpreting the Simplicity code.
By formal verification we would be sure they match.

Greetings
Hampus