[bitcoin-dev] A DNS-like decentralized mapping for wallet addresses?

mandar mulherkar mandar.mulherkar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 22:20:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am new, so apologies if this has been asked before.

Here are a few questions to start with -

I was wondering in terms of mass adoption, instead of long wallet
addresses, maybe there should be a DNS-like decentralized mapping service
to provide a user at crypto address?

This address translation can happen with confirmations from the network. So
instead of providing a long string, or a QR code that needs an app, you
simply type in a human readable address, and the wallet software converts
it to a wallet address.

Please let me know where I can research this more - if there already is
literature about this somewhere.

thanks!