[bitcoin-dev] Generalized sharding protocol for decentralized scaling without Miners owning our BTC

Lucas Clemente Vella lvella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 20:23:43 UTC 2017

bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org>:

> When you transfer them back, you get newly minted coins, equivalent to the
> amount you "burned" on the chain you're transferring from — as stated in
> the OP.

If you have to change Bitcoin to recognize a transfer from the sidechain
back into Bitcoin, you kill the purpose of the sidechain. You could as well
just change the Bitcoin to implement whatever desirable features the
sidechain would have. The whole idea of sidechains is to keep Bicoin
unchangend, and allow for the voluntary transfer of tokens out of Bitcoin
to the sidechain of your choosing.

--
Lucas Clemente Vella
lvella at gmail.com