[bitcoin-dev] Simplicity: An alternative to Script

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon Oct 30 21:42:44 UTC 2017

I admittedly haven't had a chance to read the paper in full details, but I was curious how you propose dealing with "jets" in something like Bitcoin. AFAIU, other similar systems are left doing hard-forks to reduce the sigops/weight/fee-cost of transactions every time they want to add useful optimized drop-ins. For obvious reasons, this seems rather impractical and a potentially critical barrier to adoption of such optimized drop-ins, which I imagine would be required to do any new cryptographic algorithms due to the significant fee cost of interpreting such things.

Is there some insight I'm missing here?

Matt