[bitcoin-dev] SF proposal: prohibit unspendable outputs with amount=0

Hampus Sjöberg hampus.sjoberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:56:19 UTC 2017

Forbidding 0 satoshi outputs (I wasn't actually aware that it was possible,
is 0 satoshi inputs also allowed?) would complicate a divisibility increase
softfork (I'm working on an idea for >= 1 satoshi transactions, but now it
seems like < 1 satoshi transactions would work too).

I don't think it's a good idea to deploy this softfork.

Hampus