[bitcoin-dev] Responsible disclosure of bugs

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Sun Sep 10 23:02:36 UTC 2017

I believe there continues to be concern over a number of altcoins which
are running old, unpatched forks of Bitcoin Core, making it rather
difficult to disclose issues without putting people at risk (see, eg,
some of the dos issues which are preventing release of the alert key).
I'd encourage the list to have a discussion about what reasonable
approaches could be taken there.