[bitcoin-dev] Responsible disclosure of bugs

Daniel Stadulis dstadulis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 17:43:52 UTC 2017

I think it's relevant to treat different bug severity levels with different
response plans.

E.g.
Compromising UTXO custody (In CVE-2010-5141, OP_RETURN vulnerability)
Compromising UTXO state (In CVE-2013-3220, blockchain split due to Berkeley
DB -> LevelDB upgrade, CVE-2010-5139 Overflow bug, unscheduled inflation of
coins)
Compromising Node performance (Various node-specific DoS attacks)

Should have different disclosure policies, IMO

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 4:34 AM, Alex Morcos via bitcoin-dev <