[bitcoin-dev] Revising BIP 2 to expand editorial authority

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Sep 27 18:56:26 UTC 2017

Many pull requests to the BIPs repository are spelling corrections or similar,
which are obvious to merge. Currently, the BIP process requires the Author of
the affected BIPs to ACK any changes, which seems inefficient and unnecessary
for these kind of editorial fixes.

What do people think about modifying BIP 2 to allow editors to merge these
kinds of changes without involving the Authors? Strictly speaking, BIP 2
shouldn't be changed now that it is Active, but for such a minor revision, I
think an exception is reasonable.

I've prepared a draft PR for BIP 2 here:
    https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/596

If you oppose this change, please say so within the next month.

Luke