[bitcoin-dev] Rebatable fees & incentive-safe fee markets

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Fri Sep 29 15:22:14 UTC 2017

This is correct. Under assumptions of a continuous mempool model however this should be considered the outlier behavior, other than a little bit of empty space at the end, now and then. A maximum fee rate calculated as a filter over past block rates could constrain this outlier behavior from ever happening too.