[bitcoin-dev] Paper Wallet support in bitcoin-core

Dan Libby dan at osc.co.cr
Fri Sep 29 22:13:47 UTC 2017

It seems to me that the same statement can be made for *any* key storage
mechanism depending on one's security/threat model, including
bitcoin-core's internal wallet storage.  There certainly are cases where
a paper (or metal) offline wallet makes a lot of sense, particularly for
long-term offline storage... something that electronic media pretty much
sucks at.

Though if you care to elaborate I'd be interested to learn of your
specific critiques, if you have any beyond the generic statements here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet

Regardless, the APIs I've proposed have uses beyond paper wallets.  It
can also be used by third party wallets, or any number of reasons that
individuals or devs might have to generate keys.