[bitcoin-dev] Paper Wallet support in bitcoin-core

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 23:51:12 UTC 2017

By "all of this" I meant the other issues that I mentioned too "would
everybody even here say that they feel very comfortable with their keys?
That if something happen to them there is no pb for the family or
trusted parties to retrieve the keys? That this process is secured in
case the trusted parties are finally untrusted? etc", I am extending the
problematic while the very basic concerns are still unsolved

Then I don't agree with the fact that users should not have the control
of their keys, but if I try to summarize, your suggestions probably lead
to the fact that the "wallet" part should be outside of bitcoin-qt, in a
simple offline module (assuming that you can trust the simple sw + the
os + the hw +the cpu, but ok, the pb is the same with a hw wallet),
which I think is a good idea

That's why I made a module some time ago, supposed to be "bitcoin
transactions made simple", you do your transactions offline, check them,
and send them to the network via qt, the web or other, it's working but
is not online on github because unfinished, and unfinished because
nothing is simple and it's unlikely that normal people can use this for
now, unfortunately you need to be a bit online to make your transaction,
fetch the output you want to spend or get the info, then associate the
right key, calculate the fees, that's not simple, that's why it's
different from a standard wallet, but probably a good way

Small sw a bit like a credit card finally, and people know they must not
disclose their code(s) in case they are asked on IRC or elsewhere

Zcash wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/zcash-wallets
Bitcoin wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets
Get the torrent dynamic blocklist: http://peersm.com/getblocklist
Check the 10 M passwords list: http://peersm.com/findmyass