[bitcoin-dev] Claiming an OP_RETURN Prefix

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Mon Aug 6 02:04:18 UTC 2018

Are you doing coloured coins or storing data?

If the former, you should probably collaborate with the authors of BIP 160
(yet to be added to the main repo), and/or write a new BIP if BIP 160 is
insufficient for some reason.

If the latter, you just shouldn't do it at all.

Note that BIPs need to specify an actual protocol, not just claim a prefix.