[bitcoin-dev] Building a Bitcoin API and query system.

Blockchain Group shekharhiran at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 19:58:50 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am C++ & Node.js developer. I want to propose making a new Bitcoin API
that supports fast quering of Bitcoin blocks and transactions without the
need for syncing with all previous nodes.

In a typical case where I want to build a full fleged Bitcoin explorer cum
wallet system on my end with external APIs, I need to sync my node and then
query for the information I need to show separately. I am proposing a
unified method of finding/quering the blockchain data with a standardized
template containing minimal information about the actual mined block or
transaction yet satify the need of what I want to query.

I am working on making a template and a support mechanism on Node.js. I
want to propose it as an improvement (BIP). It will be a great help to
future web developers who want to make something similar.

Thanks
Sumit Lahiri.