[bitcoin-dev] draft proposal: change forwarding (improved fungibility through wallet interoperability)

James MacWhyte macwhyte at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 05:06:29 UTC 2018

Hi Yuval!

Sorry for reviving an old email thread. Could you describe what the UX
would be like, or how a wallet developer might implement this? Is the
intention that someone would open their non-private wallet, and choose an
option that slowly siphons their funds into a different app? Why would
anyone want that feature?

If the user is privacy-conscious, why did they choose the non-private
wallet to begin with? Why wouldn't they just move all their funds to the
private wallet so they can continue to use just one app?

And if the user is not privacy-conscious, they would never choose to enable
this option, so why would the wallet developer even bother to implement it?

>From a product standpoint, I can't see how this would be useful, and
therefore I'm not sure why it needs to be a BIP. If I'm missing something,
please let me know!

Thanks,
James

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 10:18 AM Yuval Kogman via bitcoin-dev <