[bitcoin-dev] Safer sighashes and more granular SIGHASH_NOINPUT

Russell O'Connor roconnor at blockstream.io
Tue Dec 11 15:36:59 UTC 2018

I don't believe that the default RBF policy works that way.  My
understanding is that current policy requires an absolute fee increase (by
an amount related to incrementalrelayfee).  There have been proposals to
change default RBF policy, however even my proposal <
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2018-February/015717.html>
still requires a minimal amount of absolute fee increase as a DoS defense.

(I'm reading your comment as attempting to rebroadcast the original
transaction with the same fee amount, with its relatively higher fee-rate).