[bitcoin-dev] Create a BIP to implement Confidential Transactions in Bitcoin Core

Kenshiro [] tensiam at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:15:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I think Confidential Transactions (CT) are a great idea to provide enough privacy for normal users (hidden amounts) and fungibility.

I would like to request the creation of a BIP to implement CT in Bitcoin Core. I read that CT are already implemented in Grin and Monero so it looks that CT are enough mature to be implemented in Bitcoin.

If the CT transaction size is 3x the size of a normal transaction the block size could be increased by 3x too, or just keep the current block size and make CT transactions optional.

Thank you!