[bitcoin-dev] Multi CSV Transaction

Daniel Robinson danrobinson010 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 00:59:45 UTC 2018

Yes, although it's a functionality of Bitcoin Script generally, not OP_CSV
in particular. Bitcoin Script allows you to use nested IF statements, and
enforce whatever different conditions you want in each branch.

Here's your contract in Ivy <https://ivy-lang.org/bitcoin/>:

contract MultiCSV(
  bob: PublicKey,
  carol: PublicKey,
  bobDelay: Duration,
  carolDelay: Duration,
  val: Value
) {
  clause bobSpend(sig: Signature) {
    verify checkSig(bob, sig)
    verify older(bobDelay)
    unlock val
  }
  clause carolSpend(sig: Signature) {
    verify checkSig(carol, sig)
    verify older(carolDelay)
    unlock val
  }
  clause bothSpend(bobSig: Signature, carolSig: Signature) {
    verify checkMultiSig([bob, carol], [bobSig, carolSig])
    unlock val
  }
}

It compiles to the following Bitcoin Script:

PUSH(carolKey) PUSH(bobKey) 2 PICK 2 EQUAL IF ROT DROP 0 4 ROLL 4 ROLL 2
2ROT 2 CHECKMULTISIG ELSE ROT IF DROP CHECKSIGVERIFY PUSH(carolDelay)
CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY DROP 1 ELSE NIP CHECKSIGVERIFY PUSH(bobDelay)
CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY DROP 1 ENDIF ENDIF

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 5:32 PM Praveen Baratam via bitcoin-dev <