[bitcoin-dev] BIP 39: Add language identifier strings for wordlists

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:08:29 UTC 2018

See: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions/issues/3

OK, maybe it's my fault, I did not foresee this case, and now it's
working for p2sh (non segwit)

From my standpoint this just means that BIP39/44 stuff should be
eradicated (not BIP141 but see what happened...), this is of no use,
confusing people, doing dangerous things to recover

Really is it easier to save x words instead of a seed? Knowing that
people are creating several wallets not understanding that this is not
the purpose of BIP32?

Multisig wallets (like Electrum) have created a big mess too, on purpose
or no, I don't know, but multisig is for different parties involved, not
just one

Bitcoin transactions made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions
Zcash wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/zcash-wallets
Bitcoin wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets