[bitcoin-dev] Transaction Merging (bip125 relaxation)

Alan Evans thealanevans at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:43:29 UTC 2018

So, OP, in your scenario, you have 1 transaction in the mempool, A, then
you want to spend the change before confirmation, so you broadcast a new
transaction, B, which replaces A.

> Because the size of the merged transaction is smaller than the original
transactions, unless there is a considerable feerate bump, this rule isn't
possible to observe.

I'm confused, the mempool only sees 1 transaction at a time, first A, then
later B. " the original transactions", plural, should not exist in the
mempool.

B's fee and rate needs to be larger than A's, but B will be greater than or
equal to A anyway. So, just increasing the fee rate will cause a larger fee
anyway.

Am I missing something?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:44 AM, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev <