[bitcoin-dev] BIP 158 Flexibility and Filter Size

Tamas Blummer tamas.blummer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 05:14:34 UTC 2018

Lighter but SPV secure nodes (filter committed) would help the network (esp. Layer 2) to grow mesh like, but add more user that blindly follow POW.

On longer term most users' security will be determined by either trusted hubs or POW.
I do not know which is worse, but we should at least offer the choice to the user, therefore commit filters.

Tamas Blummer