[bitcoin-dev] Should Graftroot be optional?

Tim Ruffing crypto at timruffing.de
Wed Jun 6 21:25:33 UTC 2018

What you're saying makes sense.

By the way, an even stronger reason why you shouldn't be able to
"repurpose" just a Graftroot signature as a transaction: You may want
to reveal to others that you've delegated. But if an observer sees the
delegation (literally the Graftroot signature), this observer could
send the Graftroot signature to the network (and lock out the other
delegates and the initial owner). So you would need to keep the
signature itself secret, otherwise we can't call this delegation.

So it may sense to consider the idea of an implicit transaction for the
case when one really solves the delegated script (as you mentioned) but
only in this case.

Tim