[bitcoin-dev] BIP 174 thoughts

matejcik jan.matejek at satoshilabs.com
Wed Jun 27 14:11:49 UTC 2018

hello,

On 26.6.2018 18:58, William Casarin wrote:
> as a data point, I was able to build a simple serializer[1] in about an
> afternoon. I would much prefer to use this lib in say, clightning (my
> original goal), without having to have the larger protobuf dependency.

To drive my point home, here's a PR converting the `writer` part of your
code to a protobuf-compatible version. It took me less than an hour to
write, the bigger part of which was spent orienting myself in unfamiliar
code. I assume I could do `reader` in less than that, if your
deserialization code was complete.

https://github.com/jb55/libpsbt/pull/3/files

This code produces PSBTs that my "bip174 playground" can correctly parse.

regards
m.