[bitcoin-dev] {sign|verify}message replacement

Karl Johan Alm karljohan-alm at garage.co.jp
Thu Mar 15 07:36:48 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Luke Dashjr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> Ideally, it should support not only just "proof I receive at this address",
> but also "proof of funds" (as a separate feature) since this is a popular
> misuse of the current message signing (which doesn't actually prove funds at
> all). To do this, it needs to be capable of signing for multiple inputs.

Re-reading this, I think what you mean is it should be possible to
create a proof for (a) specific UTXO(s), hence "inputs". That sounds
pretty useful, yeah!

So you could provide a mix of addresses and inputs (as txid:vout) and
it would generate a proof that signs the message for each input
(taking scriptPubKey from address or from the UTXO data directly on
the blockchain).

-Kalle.