[bitcoin-dev] {sign|verify}message replacement

Greg Sanders gsanders87 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 01:59:45 UTC 2018

Sorry if I missed the rationale earlier, but why not just do a transaction,
with a FORKID specifically for this? Then a node can have a mempool
acceptance test that returns true even if the signature is not valid as per
Bitcoin consensus, but only due to the FORKID?

This way basically any wallet can support this provided generic FORKID
support.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Karl Johan Alm via bitcoin-dev <