[bitcoin-dev] feature: Enhance privacy by change obfuscation

Eric Voskuil eric at voskuil.org
Sun Mar 18 18:59:28 UTC 2018

> This would be really expensive for the network due to the bloat in UTXO size, a cost everyone has to pay for.

Without commenting on the merits of this proposal, I’d just like to correct this common misperception. There is no necessary additional cost to the network from the count of unspent outputs. This perception arises from an implementation detail of particular node software. There is no requirement for redundant indexing of unspent outputs.