[bitcoin-dev] Lookinf for issues to contribute to

rhavar at protonmail.com rhavar at protonmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:50:54 UTC 2018

Maybe:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22

Just pick something small (even if it's not interesting), struggle with it, struggle with it some more, do a git blame on the parts you need to modify and try contact the person if there's something you need help with.

I'd say start with simple and boring changes, and you'll organically get a better understanding.

But even better, go to:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pulls

And find some issues, reproduce the problem, test the fix -- and look at how the person did it. Post your results/feedback on the pull requests

I think you'll find in bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) there's a lot more demand for elbow grease than advanced maths stuff =)

-Ryan