[bitcoin-dev] Making OP_TRUE standard?

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue May 8 23:57:11 UTC 2018

Hi all,

        The largest problem we are having today with the lightning
protocol is trying to predict future fees.  Eltoo solves this elegantly,
but meanwhile we would like to include a 546 satoshi OP_TRUE output in
commitment transactions so that we use minimal fees and then use CPFP
(which can't be done at the moment due to CSV delays on outputs).

Unfortunately, we'd have to P2SH it at the moment as a raw 'OP_TRUE' is
non-standard.  Are there any reasons not to suggest such a policy
change?

Thanks!
Rusty.