[bitcoin-dev] Making OP_TRUE standard?

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed May 9 03:02:37 UTC 2018

Good morning Olauluwa,

I believe P2WSH is larger due to the script hash commitment in the `scriptPubKey` as well as the actual script revelation in the `witnessScript`, whereas, a flat OP_TRUE in the `scriptPubKey` is much smaller and can be spent with an empty `scriptSig`.  It seems this is the entirety of the reason to desire an isStandard OP_TRUE.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj