[bitcoin-dev] Making OP_TRUE standard?

Johnson Lau jl2012 at xbt.hk
Wed May 9 17:56:46 UTC 2018

You should make a “0 fee tx with exactly one OP_TRUE output” standard, but nothing else. This makes sure CPFP will always be needed, so the OP_TRUE output won’t pollute the UTXO set

Instead, would you consider to use ANYONECANPAY to sign the tx, so it is possible add more inputs for fees? The total tx size is bigger than the OP_TRUE approach, but you don’t need to ask for any protocol change.

In long-term, I think the right way is to have a more flexible SIGHASH system to allow people to add more inputs and outputs easily.