[bitcoin-dev] Making OP_TRUE standard?

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Thu May 10 09:43:28 UTC 2018

You'd send 0 satoshis to OP_TRUE, creating a UTXO. Then you spend that 0-value
UTXO in another transaction with a normal fee. The idea is that to get the
latter fee, the miner needs to confirm the original tranaction with the
0-value OP_TRUE.

(Aside, in case it wasn't clear on my previous email, the template-script idea
would not make it *mandatory* to spend in the same block, but that the UTXO
would merely cease to be valid *after* that block. So the 0-value output does
not take up a UTXO db entry when left unused.)