[bitcoin-dev] Considering starting a toy full-node implementation. Any advice?

rze rzeqeu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 21:21:11 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm considering to start developing a toy full validating node implementation (no wallet, no mining) for educational purposes.

Some questions:

1) which resource do you suggest for as a reference for the protocol?
2) which part do you suggest to start with?
3) I was thinking to use btcd as a reference since I'm not familiar with C++ (bitcoind)
4) are there any other general advice or tips for such endeavours?

Thanks in advance.