[bitcoin-dev] BIP Proposal - Address Paste Improvement

Moral Agent ethan.scruples at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:43:36 UTC 2018

>The problem will be to come up with an address authentication
procedure that will be convenient for users and widely supported, as a
result.

You could locally hash the destination address and from the hash derive a
BIP39 style list of 12 words for visual comparison. I would advise against
using color or graphics -- the brain is too good at "snapping" to an
expected perception when it is running in graphics mode instead of symbolic
mode.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:41 AM Dmitry Petukhov via bitcoin-dev <